Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You Can Lead a Horse to Water…….


        Okay, I am not referring to myself as a horse………a cow sometimes in the past…maybe even a whale, but not a horse.  (Remember folks, this was my old mind set!).  My new mindset is I’m a bad-ass treadmill Goddess!  (Insert belly laugh here).  What am I saying?  You are already laughing without my even having to tell you to! Okay, so back to leading a horse to water.  I have never….and when I say never I mean never, ever ever, liked water. My water came in the form of iced tea or coffee with Sweet and Low or Splenda or Equal, or diet soda, or even chocolate milk.  (Yes I’m aware…..milk is milk not water….now hush up and keep reading!)  I hated water unless I was so famished and there was nothing else to drink.  Diet Dr. Pepper was my “go to” drink for meals…if that wasn’t available it was any other diet soda…… that or iced tea with about 3 packet’s of Splenda (calorie free right? This can’t hurt me!)  I used to use artificial sweeteners ALL the time, I mean all the time, even when I would bake…. as if it wasn’t harmful to me.  I know now how wrong I am.  After starting Isagenix and no longer craving the sugar or needing that diet soda I decided to do some research……….here are some of the “ingredients” in artificial sweeteners: Erythritol,  Hydrogenated starch,  hydrolysate, Isomalt, Lactitol, Maltitol, Mannitol ..Just among a few… half of them I can hardly pronounce (would love to see those smart ass kids in those national spelling bee’s spell some of that shit and still win!)

        So really, what the fuck have I been ingesting and poisoning my body with ALL these years!  Oh my god…..it’s true how they say ignorance is bliss.  Ignorance and denial, really.  In the back of my head I always knew it wasn’t great for me, but I was desperate to cut calories whenever possible, so I didn’t care enough about myself to stop using it.   I can gladly say as of today, day 20 on Isagenix…the only beverage I have consumed has been water……I even add some essential oils to it to liven it up a bit.  I use the Young Living ones…in the citrus flavors.  Orange is my favorite, followed by grapefruit oil.  Three drops and my water is now my new best friend.  I can’t even imagine drinking all that other crap again.  Not only for the fact of all the chemicals I was ingesting but because the Isagenix has turned a switch on in my brain that causes me to not even want the sugary tastes anymore.  Awesome, awesome feeling!  I know I  drink more than my 6-8 recommended glasses a day of purified water…I usually have about 2-3 every 2 hours from 6 am to 8 pm…..and I’ve never felt better.  No guilt,…no poisoning my body with chemicals, no wondering if I will grow a third arm or leg in the future…or worse, a fourth nipple…..wait……. isn’t three the standard?  Oh………….er………..well anyway… this is just another new “habit” I have taken on since starting the Isagenix and I will never go back!  So here’s my PSA to all my faithful readers………….DRINK YOUR WATER PEEPS!  Bottoms Up!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment