Saturday, February 16, 2013

Trouble in the Jean Pool



         Yes I spelled this correctly. Don’t scoff at me! My “jean” pool is different than your “gene” pool. My jean pool consists of about 25 pairs of jeans………….23 pairs of which I do not fit into. I actually counted them this evening. That’s right…….23 extra pairs…… I could clothe a small village (it would end up being a topless village but none-the-less; let’s just praise my thoughtful generosity here, shall we?). What makes me hold on to those 23 pairs of jeans? Some I’ve never even been able to put on. Some were handed down to me from friends of mine who lost weight. Some I bought and wore maybe 1 or 2 times before the waist gave me a muffin top. (speaking of muffins, I used to love them..now I can’t even imagine eating one……so crazy!) Other’s I bought as a promise to myself that one day I would reach the goal and be able to wear them. They are size 8’s. I haven’t seen a size 8 since probably my freshmen year of college back in 1997. Hell my shoe size is even a size 10. My point here is it’s time to clean the body and clean my closet. However I do not plan on giving away any of these jeans…at least not yet. Holding onto all these jeans reminds me of all my past failures at weight loss………This time there won’t be failure. I even have one pair that is bedazzled and has laced embroidery (if you wear lacey bedazzled jeans and I have offended you, too bad. Consider this a PSA about poor style choices on your part in 2013) TOTALLY KIDDING………………………..maybe…
           Anyway I think my reason for keeping ALL these jeans over the years was to motivate me……..but really it just made me feel worse………….UNTIL NOW! Now that I am using the Isagenix I see all 23 pairs in my very near future………..EXCEPT for the lacey bedazzled ones….not so much that pair…….Maybe I’ll turn them into an 80’s throwback purse or something. Do a little stone washing on em. After all I am quite crafty.
You wanna know what I plan on doing with those two pairs that I wear now? The size 18’s? I plan on stapling them to my wall once I’m out of them for good…………..to remind me of how far I’ve come and where I will never go again!!
         Thanks for taking a moment to swim in my Jean pool with me. Don’t forget your floaties!

1 comment:

  1. OMG the more I read I think we are sisters separated at birth!!! I am keeping one size 18 and the rest I am getting ride of, because I have no reason to think I'll ever wear them again!

    ReplyDelete