Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Food Fright!!!!!


FOOD FRIGHT!!!


       Yes that’s right, you didn't read that wrong.  I said FRIGHT, not fight.  You got excited for a minute there, got a feeling you could relive those high school days in the cafeteria slinging “just add water” mashed potatoes at your friends, didn't you?  Sorry that’s just not this type of blog today.  Today’s blog is brought to you by the words “what” and “the fuck”……….. Meaning, what the fuck have we been putting in our mouths for all these years????  The last entry I mentioned about watching documentaries such as “Food, Inc.”, “The Future of Food” and one that my friend recommended “Food Matters”.  You can remain ignorant and turn your head like I had for so many years as to what is going on out there in our country with food, or you can open your eyes and do some research.  I can guarantee you won’t look at food the same way.  Or ignore it and keep turning an ignorant eye to it…totally up to you.  I chose the first option and super glad I did.
        Some of you may be thinking “who does this chick think she is?  When did she all of a sudden become the health nut?”  Let me enlighten you…I am someone who went from putting complete crap in my family’s and my own mouths every day, to someone who woke up and decided to make a change….and a HUGE change at that.  I’m not just talking about the Bon Bon’s and Twinkies we as a society have eaten over the years, (total culprit of that, times like a billion).  I am referring to things like our fruits, vegetables, meats, and grains.  Even the stuff you THINK is good for you these days???  Take another look… do some reading…watch a few YouTube videos here and there…...This is some scary shit.  I, being the normal consumer for the last 34 years, never even thought about it…that is until I started putting the RIGHT stuff in my body.  I went from someone who had terrible stomach issues all the time, a migraine countless days of the month, acid reflux up the WAZOO and zero energy (even when I was thin), the girl who could take a nap 30 minutes after I woke.  I never even got good nights sleep…most times I would take a Benadryl or even Nyquil to just sleep through the night……. My body was literally rotting from the inside out.  (Imagine that nasty ass visual people, but in so many ways it was true!  And if you are eating that same food off the shelves of a regular grocery store, yours are too)  I would take medication after medication for years.  Doctor after doctor trying to figure out the constant stomach troubles and the migraines……their answer?  MEDICATION…………lots and lots and LOTS of mediation.   Over the years if I added up all the freaking meds I was putting in my body, and you could look through my skin at my insides (ok that is so disturbing sounding, right? But just follow my lead here, try to get a visual)  I’d look like one of those big ass gumball machine’s you see….All sizes, all colors, all CRAP! None of it worked and most of it made things worse!  And the most terrible part of it is that sometimes the side effects were worse than the initial issue….So what is that telling us???  How is something that is supposed to help me, making things worse for me?  Medicine wasn't curing any of my problems, it maybe, and I use that word sooo loosely, it would MAYBE help in the “moment” but never ever in the long run to rid me of my many ailments.  As of January 31st 2013, I have not had to put one pill in my mouth to get rid of any kind of issue.  What happened on January 31st? I started the Isagenix program and it literally has changed my life.  Not just the thirty pounds I've lost so far but how I feel.  It is amazing how when you are eating the pure organic nutrition your body responds to it.  This is some exciting shit!  And the amazing part behind it is it is SO simple…it’s like DUH!         That food I was putting in my body before was poisoning me, literally.  It was poisoning my family too.   It was causing a plethora of health issues.  I finally stood up and took charge and was like “uh uh, no more!”  (There was totally a hair flip and two snaps in a circle when I said that…..and even a little head roll as I just typed it).  I felt what it was like to finally put the right stuff in, and in turn get the right stuff out.  By that I mean all this amazing real energy.  And sleep, oh my God the sleep is literally dreamy!!!!!  (That and Chief is also sleeping through the night, no more tossing and turning or snoring!!!! I don’t want to kill him anymore!!! Yay!! This is actually a win, win for both of us as you can imagine.) 
           So back to that part about all this energy.  As I told my friends I’ve met along this journey,  the other night my ass was on the treadmill (working out is totally optional, you don’t have to for Isagenix to work) but I had (and always have) so much energy I was literally dancing to the music on Pandora as I was jogging.  (I’m multi talented……….don’t be jealous.)  The first song that popped on to my iPhone was” Eye of the Tiger”…( I was totally Rocky Balboa-ing that shit, jogging and boxing the air, thankful that Chief was at a meeting so he couldn’t see me looking like a complete dufus, looking more like I was having a seizure than getting a work out, but who cares right? NOT ME!!!! ) That feeling that I am accomplishing something awesome totally got me even MORE pumped to go that extra mile.  Literally instead of my normal 3 mile’s I did four instead.   
     I impress myself every day with how far I’ve come in so little time.   My journey continues every day and not just the pounds that have come off, I mean more like the habits that have changed, and with little effort at all.  That is why this product is so amazing..There’s nothing else out there like it.  To be able to have this organic nutrition, eat it for free, AND make extra money to use however I want????? My food “fright” is not so frightening after all anymore!

1 comment:

  1. On January 26th 2013 I had that same Ah ha moment. Isn't Isagenix great?? I'm down 28.6 and my hubby is down 20. He no longer snores either...and the sex Whoa! Girl hold on to your granny panties.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete